Tabular data are shown from the American Community Survey (ACS) conducted by the US Census Bureau. The 2021 data is a summary of surveys conducted over the a 5 year period (2017-2021). Each table contains the following data: Population of School-Age Children in the 3-17 yr old and 5-17 year old age ranges. For each population, the ACS presents data for the total number of children at each age group and the number of students enrolled. We calculate the number and percentage of students not enrolled. Separate tables are shown for:
- State totals
- Counties in each state
- School districts in each state
Click on a button to view data.
Note: Number of students not enrolled was calculated by subtracting number enrolled from total number in each age group and this estimate may/may not be statistically significant.
- Why school enrollment is on ACS. Link
- Copy and explanation of ACS enrollment survey questions are shown in a PDF file.
- Explanation of difference between 1 and 5 year ACS data including information on statistical significance of data. Link.
- Additional information on the American Community Survey is available at the US Census Bureau website.