- Keep looking for older kids and identify what can be done to return to school. Consider alterative learning environments.
- Ask existing councils, the medical and religious communities, and other local groups to suggest ideas and to assist in the community process.
- Ensure that initial contacts are made with kindness, caring and a genuine interest in identifying reasons for non-attendance.
- Make nutrition baskets with 15 days of food. Grocery stores and community groups can mobilize efforts. This action is a powerful way to say your community cares about all kids and families.
- Seek community donations for backpacks filled with needed school supplies.
Please provide comments and/or experiences on this strategy.